Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Late Night Show

I don't know whether it was a late-night show or late night-show, but the series of events that evening inspired me, a die hard laid back guy, to write a blog on this.


So here I was, at home, a bit early from office. Puja was sleeping when i hit the door bell, which i could figure out from night suit she was wearing. It was almost 5:30 PM and for a Techie working in a cutting edge Network Analytics startup, it was pretty early to be at home.

'Come on in' she said and opened the door very gladly. I don't know why but she always liked if i leave from office early. She is being fond of my presence, i thought and hugged her. She again went for sleep and I joined her after getting fresh.

'No work in office today or what? So early?' she asked to make me feel as if it was an anomalous event. It certainly was so as i made a habit of reaching home no early than 8PM.

'Ohh...My baby missed me, my shona missed me!' I cajoled her like my little princess.
'I am feeling hungry shonu' i said and instantaneously started biting her from wherever i got it.
Soon we found ourselves frying some real hot pakoras. Though she is more inclined towards Pizzas, I made her realize that frequent pizza-eating will deprive her of the sensation she gets from it. So pakoras were happening. I preferred the red chilly sauce while puja had the tomato one. Its 7 PM now and we felt like we are done, now what to do. Though the feeling was more intense in her, even i felt so when she said 'I am getting bored, what to do'.

I calculated all the possibilities of things and events that might surface again after this self discovery of her for getting bored. One was that she will say 'Lets go to 18', sec-18 is the shopping heaven in noida. I don't know why its called heaven while I always felt the other way round.

Second was if she says 'I am feeling like going for a long drive'. Which will again end up to some or the other shopping arena.

Third was even scarier than the earlier two. 'Lets go for a movie!' i was expecting this as it was for last 2-3 weeks that we wanted to go for movies but could not. Scary part was not the idea of movie but the timing. 'Which one you wanna see, Jane tu.. or Singh is king' i tried to confuse her yet again. 'Jane tu... has only one show in GIP at 7:30 which we cant manage now' GIP is The Great India Place mall in noida. I knew she wanted to see Jane Tu coz her friends in her college even said that she is quite similar to the female protagonist of the movie Ganelia D'souza.

'And Singh is King is not that great' i said and thought she would drop the idea of movie yet again, but to my dismay and hard luck she said 'Lets watch the Singh is King' and started singing the new national anthem of the youth 'Singh is King...singh is king'. She was even feeling the words as being rajput's we carry singh as our surname. 'Ok fine but it will be quite late by the time we will come back' she never cared for being late whenever with me and almost forgets that we all tend to go back to our homes in the night if not in the evening. 'I can go for a night out with you every single night' almost mocked me with her winking of left eye.

'Ok lets get ready quickly and hit the road' I started making calculations for the earliest we can come back after watching a possibly long bollywood movie. I have to get up early for the office as it was Wednesday and that was the justification of the fact that the thought of coming back late from the movie made me feel scared.


We soon hit the Noida Expressway, I was driving at 120 km/hr with one hand on steering and the other around her shoulders. It was dark by now but the expressway was beautifully lit. You drive on this stretch of expressway and you will call it candle lit drive, it looks so beautiful. Suddenly she upped the volume of the music system and we both started singing

'Khuda Jaane Ke Mein Fida Hoon
Khuda Jaane Mein Mitt Gaya
Khuda Jaane Yeh Kyun Hua Hai
Ke Ban Gaye Ho Tum Mere Khuda'

Certainly our song of these days. We like treating each other in very special ways and these kinda songs hit us at the right spots.

We were soon at the 3rd floor of CSM, it was gonna be our first movie in this mall. 'Tickets on the first floor sir' the ticket checkers said as we were trying to locate the ticket counter. 'What the hell, why is the ticket counter not on the same floor' i said in such a volume so that only i and she can hear that. Anyways we got the tickets for 8:30 PM show of Singh is King. I paid by card, which i always prefer as it doesn't bite my wallet immediately.

So back to the 3rd floor, '6th floor sir' the lady at the ticket checking door said pointing upwards as we did not know that 6th floor is above the 3rd floor. A little pissed off, but i could now understand why there is a common ticket counter on 1st floor. They had theaters on 3 different floors.

I was a bit worried as i never wanted to miss any of those freebie movie trailers. We entered the hall and 'what the f***, almost empty house' It was still the first week for the blockbuster i thought, though people rarely come for late night show on a week day. The attendants guided us to the direction of out seats. I rather preferred not looking at him and instead go by the illuminated seat numbers. 'Wooohha, first time in my life, last row corner seats' i said with a smile which was showing a feeling of neither any satisfaction nor achievement, don't know may be of embarrassing surprise.

I looked at her, we hardly look like a married couple. People always find us closer to being lovers having a live-in relationship. Okey, so I, as in every movie outing, grabbed a bucket of pop corn and coke. I always felt better with pop corn even if the movie was terribly bollywoodish. Movie was good and we enjoyed it in the cozy corner of the big theater. After almost two & half hours we were done with the movie and before i could think of hitting the roads back to our home, she asked 'What will you like to have for eating now'. And started giving out the over used options like McDonald's, KFC (minus chicken coz it was the month of sawan and mom told us not to eat non-veg), food court or Ruby Tuesday (though it was Wednesday). I picked up the easiest of them McDonald's, lets go to McD's'. We reached and placed order, 'Take away' i said to the guy at the counter. And as i was expecting she said 'Lets have it here only and then leave for home, why take away'. I was miffed a bit and showed my disagreement for next 15 mins while eating my share of the burger. We almost always ended up in having one bite each by turn, we thought thats what binds us and always loved it. Best part of sharing burgers is cleaning the mess of cream and sauce from her face, which i thought she created deliberately every single time. Otherwise how could somebody who grew up eating pizzas and burgers end up with such mess on face.

After that one more night at McDonald's, we were talking to winds at a speed of 120 at 12:30 in night. I thought i could never say no my shona for at least these small wishes, she is the most jovial part of my life. And being a serious types (as most people perceive me as) i always loved the way she brings so much of joy and exuberance in my life. Certainly a case of balanced approach towards our love and marriage. I always say, love instead of marriage is what makes your life beautiful and if both overlap then thats called perfect times. And touch wood we are having that kind of time in our lives these days. May god bless you, my love, my baby, the erstwhile missing dimension of life, yeh its you my shona!! I love you a lot and will keep doing it till very eternity.

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At August 23, 2008 at 3:30 AM , Blogger Skyhopper said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At August 23, 2008 at 3:32 AM , Blogger Skyhopper said...

good to see you writing after a long time ...i am very comforted to see the fun life that you are leading ..i think the enormous void of your livelihood has been mended rightly. wish the ray of thousand suns be with you two forever :D

 
At August 23, 2008 at 4:39 AM , Blogger mostly harmless said...

As I said, I am jealous of people in love. muahahahah ...

Anyway nice yaar. Nice to know that 120 k's is possible somewhere in India. Bangalore its mostly 12 k's.

tch tch.. so much junk food?

how was the movie by the way? did you watch it?? ;) ;) ;)

 
At August 25, 2008 at 6:09 AM , Blogger Anomalizer said...

You actually make it sound worth it!

 
At August 26, 2008 at 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiiii !!!!
Its alwazzz amazing whn we r togethr....and baby its true tht i do many thngs intentionally so tht i cn feel ur care n warmth again n again
luvv uuu loads....

 
At November 11, 2008 at 10:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

 
At January 23, 2009 at 4:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

luv u

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home